The picturesque Sissi by-the-sea
Sissi is a small, fishing village located 45 klm east of Heraklion and 25 klm from Agios Nikolaos. Sissi is ideal for those seeking peace and relaxation. Take a stroll around Sissi’s idyllic little harbor and wander around its small alleys. Experience the real Cretan life and indulge in the famous Cretan diet offered by the various taverns and restaurants serving the freshest fish and vegetables. Explore Sissi’s famous beaches Boufos and Avlaki and take a dip in the crystal clear Mediterranean water. For those who wish to experience the Greek nightlife, the lively towns of Malia and Hersonissos are 10 and 20 minutes away.
Other places of interest:
- For a taste of history, you can visit the archaeological site of Malia- the third largest Minoan palace in Crete.
- You can explore the by-the-sea , traditional village of Milatos and discover the Cave of Milatos and the dramatic story behind it.
- For a real cretan experience, you can visit the Lassithi Plateau, a vast area of small traditional villages, situated between the mountains. Explore the fascinating Dikteon Andron, the cave where Zeus was born.
- Enjoy an evening stroll in the beautiful town of Agios Nikolaos with its famous lake and numerous activities. From there, you can consider taking on a small cruise to the famous Leper island of Spinalonga.
- For kids-friendly activities, Cretaquarium is a must and Dinosauria park offers a unique journey into the world of dinosaurs.
- Combine a visit to the most important archaeological site in Crete- the palace of Knossos with a visit to Heraklion for shopping.